I’ve been letting things take their growing course while I water and wait. Today though, I made a manure tea for the vegetable garden, herbs, and trees…and created, and inoculated, a bed for Wine Cap Mushrooms!
Wine Cap Mushrooms Bed
- Sectioned off a shaded/partial sun area in the corner of my backyard.
- Poured cedar sawdust around the designated area
- Added some mulch wood chips around the edge and threw a small handful around the top of the sawdust.
- Cute some straw sheet and hung it over the gate to also section off and alter people to not open that gate; but the straw that fell off the sheet, I sprinkled it around and placed a heavier amount near the base of the tree.
- Added some Mykos to 3 different parts of the small ecosystem, and covering them up.
- Placed Wine Cap Mushroom mycelium in about 6 places of the ecosystem, and covered them up.
- Heavily watered the entire mushroom bed.
Veggies, Trees, & Lavender
Everything seems really healthy and growing well, especially the cucumber! It was just a tiny little plant when I first planted it and now it is a beautiful vine with about 34 cucumber sprouts!
One of the citronella plants has taken off! It’s so big in the planter and I love it! Our lemon balm and rosemary are A-OK, too. Doing well, thriving, and spreading.
I bought some Fox Farm Big Bloom Liquid Concentrate Fertilizer on Amazon and used it in the garden today. I mixed 4 tsp of the solution per gallon of water and introduced it to the soil of the cucumber vine , jalapeno plant, pecan and apricot trees, sweet corn, citronella plants, and a little, but still some on the lavender, rosemary, and lemon balm plants. Nitrogen for everyone!
“Big Bloom® contains bat guano and earthworm castings. Bat guano has been used for centuries as a fertilizer for all kinds of plants. Combined with earthworm castings they create a nutrient-rich mix that can help your plants thrive.” –Fox Farm
Checklist Queen | Travel-Happy | Ⓥ | @uofoklahoma Grad Student | Comms Nerd | Boxer mom | Mother to @kojithebengalcat | Cash App: $JanelleNightingale