“Good morning fellow travelers on the spiritual path
We teach (and I believe it) that we are in control of our lives. We are most effective at this when we can stay focused on our goals and visions no matter what happens. When we are trying to get to Dallas for example, it helps to pay attention to the road signs and not be distracted onto the road to Denver. Along the way, we might encounter detours that route us around obstacles in the road. Or we might find that the progress is much slower than we anticipated due to road construction or an accident. When we are clear of our intention and stay focused we will eventually reach our target.
Here’s my lesson from the scenario:
1. First, we need to know where we are going. What is your goal? What is your vision?
2. What is your intention? Do you really, really, really want this? or are you just headed this direction because it seems better than anything else? (Going this way because it seems better than anything else is not a bad reason. It just means you might not be motivated to overcome the obstacles in your way.)
3. Are we paying attention to where we want to go, realizing that sometimes what appears to be a detour, may, in fact, be a shortcut? That is, if we don’t get distracted by stuff along the way.
4. We may need to be flexible.
5. Patience may be necessary. (Sigh)
Do you know where you are going?
Love and blessings,
Center for Spiritual Living Tulsa
Center for Spiritual Living
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Blogger | Sore from Jiu-Jitsu | Travel-Happy | Ⓥegan | Valkyrie ⚒